Since it’s conception, Vantage has specialized in large diameter Transmission & Distribution foundations ranging from 120” permanent cased piers on the Gulf Coast to full pole direct embed installations. Offering a fleet of low clearance Drill Rigs, Crawler Cranes, RT Cranes and experienced concrete crews, you can trust that regardless of location or scope, Vantage has a solution for your project.

Transmission & Distribution

Project Overview: Cattail – Cherokee T-Line

The Cattail to Cherokee Transmission Line Rebuild Project was performed for Texas New Mexico Power in Texas City, TX. The foundations portion of the project ran from late 2022 into early 2023. Vantage constructed large diameter drilled piers while drilling 100% under slurry and every pier required either full-length or partial length casing to mitigate the ground conditions typical of the Texas Gulf Coast. The remaining structures were constructed using “socket” style caissons using the vibratory method of installation. 80% of work is done on highway with traffic control while the remaining 20% was done inside the Marathon and Valero refinery properties. This project was successfully completed while mitigating a myriad of obstacles and regulations that come with highway and refinery work.

Project Overview: McKenzie – West Side T-Line

AEP McKenzie-Westside TLine Rebuild in Corpus Christi, TX. Approximately 11 miles of 138kV transmission line foundations for the rebuild of an existing 138kV line. This project consisted of a mix of larger diameter drilled pier dead-ends and direct embedded tangent structures. All drilling was accomplished while drilling under slurry due to the sandy, soft coastal soil coupled with plenty of ground water intrusion. Approximately 25% of the drilled piers required the introduction of full-length permanent steel casing to mitigated the ground conditions and leave the customer with a solid foundation.


Project Overview: Mato Switching Station

The AEP Mato Switching Station consisted of 153 drilled pier equipment foundations ranging from 24” to 66” of varying depths and various pads, slab foundations, and one transformer oil containment pit. Vantage performed the layout of all foundations along with execution of the full foundations scope.

Project Overview – Brazos River Electric Coop

Greenfield substation build for BREC that consisted of (121) drilled pier equipment foundations, (24) concrete equipment slabs and (1) large XFMR pad with oil containment pit. Project completed on time and on budget.

DFW Headquarters

201 W Ranch CT
Weatherford, TX



West Texas Office

900 S. Stockton Ave
Monahans, TX